Reading Blocks: A Step By Step Method to Teach Reading is a multisensory, step by step method that YOU can use to teach anyone how to read.
Unique Components of Reading Blocks:
- A complete systematic, multisensory, phonics based, reading program, which can be customized for any age learner and any learning difference.
- An original “Wall of Knowledge” scope and sequence which allows the instructor and learner to “see”, and understand exactly where they are on the path of learning to read, as well as exactly where they need to go.
- Exclusive activities and reading material for each reading block that is perfectly matched to the skills being learned at that level. This takes the guess work out of finding appropriate material to use for practicing skills.
- An easy to follow format which does not require months of training and a huge financial commitment.
- A unique reading method that can be used by Teachers, Parents, Tutors and Reading Specialists alike; no training or background is necessary.
- A multisensory learning method that is based on Orton-Gillingham methodology.
- An easy to use assessment which is crucial for designing an effective, customizable, reading plan for each unique learner.
- The ability to begin the program at a level appropriate to each learners’ needs, based on the assessment. This component saves time and minimizes boredom.
Lessons in Each Reading Block
- Review – review previously learned material.
- Introduce New – introduce new material and practice together.
- Activity – reader independently practices new material.
- ReGroup – discuss and review new material after independent practice.
- Writing – practice independent writing using new material.
- Reading – practice independent reading using new material.